My last post (scroll down) was about finding 10 things each day to be thankful for.
Here are my 10:
(in no particular order, but starting with a funny one…)
1. For my dogs. Someone told the joke the other night: “How can you tell who likes you more, your girlfriend or your dog? Lock them both up in a trunk for 4 hours and see who is most happy to see you when you let them out.” Ha ha, but boy do my dogs faithfully welcome me back with leaping and wagging each and every time I have left the house and returned–even if it’s to get something out of my car.
2. For my husband. I will have been married to my best friend 20 years this January 1st. God has been faithful in growing our marriage through the wonderful and the hard. Jonathan is such a serving, loving husband and I am so thankful for him.
3. For being able to sleep on a mattress each night when so many around the world sleep on the ground.
4. For the fireplace in our home which you will find me sitting by if I am not grocery shopping, doing laundry, cooking or working. I am thankful for warmth–another comfort so many go without.
5. For my three beautiful children. Life as a parent is often messy, and complicated, but never dull. I am so grateful for the three lives that Jonathan and I are responsible for, and how I see God working in their hearts. They encourage me to be a better mom each day, so that I can love them the way they deserve. They are amazing people whom I am blessed to know.
6. For our extended family. We are so blessed to have all of our parents and siblings in our lives. They are amazing grandparents and aunts and great aunts and uncles to our children and the love they give is a gift I do not take for granted. I do not know what I would do without them.
7. For Wheat Chex.
8. For knowing God, and Him knowing me.
9. For my friends. I cannot express how grateful I am for the friends, near and far, that God has brought into my life. They are my rock, my joy, my laughter. They encourage me to be a better person, and I am thankful for that.
10. For provision, although lately catching my self sometimes wishing it was more than “just enough” but so thankful that it is “just enough.”
There are my first 10 and I’m just scratching the surface…..